The School of Law at The University of Texas at Austin (“Texas Law”) and the Texas Energy Law Association (“TELA”) are pleased to offer scholarships to students at Texas Law with a demonstrated interest in energy law. The number and dollar value of scholarships awarded by Texas Law and TELA will vary from year to year based on the funds available and the number of qualified applicants. Texas Law and TELA cannot guarantee that scholarships will be awarded every year.
Texas Law and TELA will together award at least two scholarships for the 2015- 2016 academic year. The scholarship recipients will be announced on April 16, 2015. The recipient will be recognized at the TJOGEL/TELA Spring Happy Hour on April 16, 2015 (please see the TJOGEL website for time and location). Scholarships will be disbursed directly to the School of Law at The University of Texas at Austin and will be applied to tuition bills for the Fall 2015 semester.
- Rising 2L and 3L students in good standing at the School of Law at The University of Texas at Austin (dual degree students are eligible)
- Students with a demonstrated interest in energy law
- Students are eligible to receive Texas Law and TELA scholarships for more than 1 year, but they must reapply every year
- Students who are not selected as scholarship recipients for their 2L year are highly encouraged to reapply for their 3L year
- Please submit this application via email to Mauricio Pajón (email@example.com) or in person in Townes Hall (TNH) 3.119E no later than noon on Friday, April 3, 2015.
- Typed applications are preferred.
- Please fill in all blanks and include all of the materials requested.
- Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download a PDF of the application:
For more information about the Texas Energy Law Association, visit www.texasenergylaw.org.